Cervical Disc Replacement in Pune, India
You might need Disc Replacement Surgery if:
- Pain that travels down into your shoulders or into your arms
- “Pins and needles” or numbness in your arms
- Neck stiffness
- Weakness of your shoulders, arms, hands, or legs
What is Cervical Disc Replacement?
Cervical disk replacement surgery is a procedure through which a diseased cervical disk is removed and replaced with an artificial disk. Cervical discs can get damaged due to bad posture, injuries and a sedentary life. If they are not treated at the right moment, the spinal cord or the nerve root could get hurt and the patient may need a surgery.
Disk replacement surgery is aimed at allowing more movement and creating less stress on your remaining vertebrae than traditional cervical disk surgery.
Advantages of Cervical Disk Replacement:
- Less recovery time
- Small incision
- Preserves movements at the operated level reducing chances of adjacent segments degeneration
- There is no healing period (fusion period)required as the disc starts functioning immediately
Why choose Lokmanya Hospital:
- State-of-the-art technology for orthopaedic procedures
- Five Operation theatres
- Latest monitoring equipment, laminar flows and anti-bacterial walls
- The team of experts is headed by Dr. Narendra Vaidya, Executive Medical Director & chief orthopaedic surgeon
Click the button below to learn more about Disc Replacement Surgery in Pune, India.